The following books were recently added to Graff Library collection. Check out our new “New Books” shelf near the library entrance!
I am pleased to welcome Andrea Lynch as City of Hope’s newest Librarian for Scholarly Communication at the Lee Graff Medical & Scientific Library. In this new position, Andrea partners with members of the institute’s research, clinical and educational community. She provides:
- assistance on how to comply with the NIH Public Access Policy;
- tools to help decide where to publish your research;
- strategies for retaining your copyright;
- information about open access journals and other open access options available through publishers and other content providers; and
- educational sessions on keeping track of your research using EndNote and other citation management tools.
Here are the instructions for submitting theses and dissertations electronically through the ProQuest/UMI system.
- Create a PDF file of your thesis.
- Go to http://www.etdadmin.com/cityofhope to access the ProQuest/UMI electronic thesis and dissertation (ETD) system.
- In the upper right hand corner of the page, choose Student: Submit.
- The first time you use the system, choose Create an account to choose your own username and password.
- Once you are logged in you will see the list of submission steps – work through each of the steps using the guide below.
- Submit your thesis to the system as the last step in the process. The Graduate School will be notified and will check to make sure all requirements have been met.
For questions and/or assistance with this process, please contact Andrea Lynch (626-256-4673 x60520), Scholarly Communication Librarian.
The following City of Hope citations were added to MEDLINE or Web of Science/Science Citation Index in June/July 2009.
- Altschuler, A., Ramirez, M., Grant, M., Wendel, C., Hornbrook, M.C., Herrinton, L., and Krouse, R.S.: The Influence of Husbands’ or Male Partners’ Support on Women’s Psychosocial Adjustment to Having an Ostomy Resulting From Colorectal Cancer. Journal of Wound Ostomy and Continence Nursing 2009, 36(3):299-305.
- Asari, S., Itakura, S., Ferreri, K., Liu, C.P., Kuroda, Y., Kandeel, F., and Mullen, Y.: Mesenchymal stem cells suppress B-cell terminal differentiation. Exp Hematol 2009, 37(5):604-615.
- Baumgarten, M., Margolis, D.J., Orwig, D.L., Shardell, M.D., Hawkes, W.G., Langenberg, P., Palmer, M.H., Jones, P.S., McArdle, P.F., Sterling, R., Kinosian, B.P., Rich, S.E., Sowinski, J., and Magaziner, J.: Pressure Ulcers in Elderly Patients with Hip Fracture Across the Continuum of Care. J Am Geriatr Soc 2009, 57(5):863-870.
The following City of Hope citations were added to MEDLINE or Web of Science/Science Citation Index in April/May 2009.
- Bussel, J.B., Kuter, D.J., Pullarkat, V., Lyons, R.M., Guo, M., and Nichol, J.L.: Safety and efficacy of long-term treatment with romiplostim in thrombocytopenic patients with chronic ITP. Blood 2009, 113(10):2161-2171.
- Buxton, D., Bacchi, C.E., Gualco, G., Weiss, L.M., Zuppan, C.W., Rowsell, E.H., Huang, Q., and Wang, J.: Frequent Expression of CD99 in Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma A Clinicopathologic and Immunohistochemical Study of 160 Cases. Am J Clin Pathol 2009, 131(4):574-579.
- Carpenter, P.M., Dao, A.V., Arain, Z.S., Chang, M.K., Nguyen, H.P., Arain, S., Wang-Rodriguez, J., Kwon, S.Y., and Wilczynski, S.P.: Motility Induction in Breast Carcinoma by Mammary Epithelial Laminin 332 (Laminin 5). Mol Cancer Res 2009, 7(4):462-475.
The following City of Hope citations were added to MEDLINE or Web of Science/Science Citation Index in January/February/March 2009.
- Ashing-Giwa, K.T., Tejero, J.S., Kim, J., Padilla, G.V., Kagawa-Singer, M., Tucker, M.B., and Lim, J.W.: Cervical cancer survivorship in a population based sample. Gynecol Oncol 2009, 112(2):358-364.
- Behrendt, C.E., Rosenthal, J., Bolotin, E., Nakamura, R., Zaia, J., and Forman, S.J.: Donor and recipient CMV serostatus and outcome of pediatric allogeneic HSCT for acute leukemia in the era of CMV-preemptive therapy. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2009, 15(1):54-60.
- Bolotin, E., Pawlowska, A., Hitt, D., Andersen, C., Shakhnovitz, M., Sato, J., Forman, S., and Rosenthal, J.: LOW MORBIDITY AND MORTALITY IN A PILOT STUDY OF BUSULFAN, MELPHALAN AND TOPOTECAN AS PREPARATIVE REGIMEN FOLLOWED BY AUTOLOGOUS HEMATOPOETIC STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATION IN PEDIATRIC PATIENTS WITH HIGH RISK SOLID TUMORS (PRELIMINARY RESULTS). Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 2009, 15(2):84.
The following City of Hope citations were added to MEDLINE or Web of Science/Science Citation Index in November/December 2008.
- Atkins, M.B., Sosman, J.A., Agarwala, S., Logan, T., Clark, J.I., Ernstoff, M.S., Lawson, D., Dutcher, J.P., Weiss, G., Curti, B., and Margolin, K.A.: Temozolomide, Thalidomide, and Whole Brain Radiation Therapy for Patients With Brain Metastasis From Metastatic Melanoma A Phase II Cytokine Working Group Study. Cancer 2008, 113(8):2139-2145.
- Beer, T.M., Goldman, B., Synold, T.W., Ryan, C.W., Vasist, L.S., Van Veldhuizen, P.J., Dakhil, S.R., Lara, P.N., Drelichman, A., Hussain, M.H.A., and Crawford, E.D.: Southwest oncology group phase II study of ispinesib in androgen-independent prostate cancer previously treated with taxanes. Clin Genitourin Cancer 2008, 6(2):103-109.
- Bhattacharya, S., Hall, S.E., and Vaidehi, N.: Agonist-induced conformational changes in bovine rhodopsin: Insight into activation of G-protein-coupled receptors. J Mol Biol 2008, 382(2):539-555.