October 17, 2012
As you may know, Library Services and ITS Research have been working with an outside vendor to create an online database of COH publications. The system is now in pilot phase. As part of this phase, we’ve extended access to the system beyond our working group and have asked a small group of researchers, core facility directors, and administrative personnel to use it, and provide us with feedback.
Right now the database contains City of Hope publications from 2000-present that are indexed in PubMed. We are continuing to add COH publications (including books and book chapters) as well as connect publications with COH employee information to help with author disambiguation and enhance publication records to include information on what core facilities supported the research.
We will release the system to the rest of the COH community in the new year, but for now have chosen just a few more people to use it so that we can address any issues as well as make further modifications before it is released in its final form in 2013.
Our goal is to include all COH publications from 2000 to present in the initial system release.
Want to know more about the system? Have questions? Please contact the library (firstname.lastname@example.org or x68497) or stop by the Graff Library front desk to discuss the system with us. If you missed previous updates about the system, take a look at these posts:
Coming this summer: A database of COH publications
Preliminary testing: COH publications database
August 27, 2012
We continue to work on the City of Hope publications database. This past month, a small group of people tested the system. Representatives from various departments, such as Hematology, Immunology, ITS Research, Medical Oncology, Neurosciences, and Nursing Research, worked through a number of tasks in the system. Library Services staff also tested the system.
Testers performed a variety of searches—e.g. author names, keywords, and core facilities—and filtered results by various criteria, e.g. co-authors, date ranges, grant numbers, and publication types. They also tried out the My List feature, which lets you save publications for exporting later. The basic functions worked just fine during testing, but we learned that some aspects of the system were difficult to use. The vendor is addressing these, and the initial release of the system is planned for later this month.
Want to know more about the system? Have questions? Please contact the library (email@example.com or x68497) or stop by the Graff Library front desk to discuss the system with us.
November 28, 2011
Did you know? The library collects books containing works by City of Hope authors. We have a small collection now, which you can find by doing a subject search on “city of hope authors” in our catalog, and we’d like to add more. Here’s how you can help:
- Have you written a book or a chapter or paper in a book? Please let us know, so we can buy a copy.
- Do you have extra copies of a book that includes your work (or the work of a City of Hope colleague)? Please consider donating a copy to the library.
With your help, we can collect and preserve City of Hope’s legacy of outstanding scholarship.
March 3, 2010
The following City of Hope citations were added to MEDLINE or Web of Science/Science Citation Index in October, November, and December of 2009.
Adam, L.S., and Chen, S.A.: Phytochemicals for breast cancer prevention by targeting aromatase. Front Biosci 2009, 14:3846-3863.
Aguilar, T., Iglesias, I., Shiang, K.D., Kandeel, F.R., and Al-Abdullah, I.H.: Retrospective analysis of human islet isolation using roche (Liberase HI and MTF), Serva NB1, and VitaCyte. Xenotransplantation 2009, 16(5):322-323.
Al-Abdullah, I.H., Aguilar, T., Kandeel, F.R., Bagramyan, K., and Kalkum, M.: Novel fluorogenic peptide for evaluating and quantifying bacterial collagenase I, II, thermolysin and neutral protease. Xenotransplantation 2009, 16(5):298-298.
Armenian, S.H., and Bhatia, S.: Chronic Health Conditions in Childhood Cancer Survivors: Is it All Treatment-Related-or Do Genetics Play a Role?. J Gen Intern Med 2009, 24:395-400.
Baddley, J.W., Marr, K.A., Andes, D.R., Walsh, T.J., Kauffman, C.A., Kontoyiannis, D.P., Ito, J.I., Balajee, S.A., Pappas, P.G., and Moser, S.A.: Patterns of Susceptibility of Aspergillus Isolates Recovered from Patients Enrolled in the Transplant-Associated Infection Surveillance Network. J Clin Microbiol 2009, 47(10):3271-3275. Read the rest of this entry »
October 28, 2009
The following City of Hope citations were added to MEDLINE or Web of Science/Science Citation Index in August and September 2009.
Adam, L.S., and Chen, S.A.: Phytochemicals for breast cancer prevention by targeting aromatase. Frontiers in Bioscience 2009, 14:3846-3863.
Atkinson, M.J., Zhang, Q., Smith, D.D., Boltri, J.M., and Smith, W.D.: Better %HbA(1c) control among type 2 diabetes patients is associated with higher patient-reported satisfaction with treatment: a meta-analysis of trial results. Diabetologia 2009, 52:S406.
Baddley, J.W., Marr, K.A., Andes, D.R., Walsh, T.J., Kauffman, C.A., Kontoyiannis, D.P., Ito, J.I., Balajee, S.A., Pappas, P.G., and Moser, S.A.: Patterns of Susceptibility of Aspergillus Isolates Recovered from Patients Enrolled in the Transplant-Associated Infection Surveillance Network. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2009, 47(10):3271-3275.
Read the rest of this entry »
September 15, 2009
The following City of Hope citations were added to MEDLINE or Web of Science/Science Citation Index in June/July 2009.
- Altschuler, A., Ramirez, M., Grant, M., Wendel, C., Hornbrook, M.C., Herrinton, L., and Krouse, R.S.: The Influence of Husbands’ or Male Partners’ Support on Women’s Psychosocial Adjustment to Having an Ostomy Resulting From Colorectal Cancer. Journal of Wound Ostomy and Continence Nursing 2009, 36(3):299-305.
- Asari, S., Itakura, S., Ferreri, K., Liu, C.P., Kuroda, Y., Kandeel, F., and Mullen, Y.: Mesenchymal stem cells suppress B-cell terminal differentiation. Exp Hematol 2009, 37(5):604-615.
- Baumgarten, M., Margolis, D.J., Orwig, D.L., Shardell, M.D., Hawkes, W.G., Langenberg, P., Palmer, M.H., Jones, P.S., McArdle, P.F., Sterling, R., Kinosian, B.P., Rich, S.E., Sowinski, J., and Magaziner, J.: Pressure Ulcers in Elderly Patients with Hip Fracture Across the Continuum of Care. J Am Geriatr Soc 2009, 57(5):863-870.
Read the rest of this entry »
September 11, 2009
The following City of Hope citations were added to MEDLINE or Web of Science/Science Citation Index in April/May 2009.
- Bussel, J.B., Kuter, D.J., Pullarkat, V., Lyons, R.M., Guo, M., and Nichol, J.L.: Safety and efficacy of long-term treatment with romiplostim in thrombocytopenic patients with chronic ITP. Blood 2009, 113(10):2161-2171.
- Buxton, D., Bacchi, C.E., Gualco, G., Weiss, L.M., Zuppan, C.W., Rowsell, E.H., Huang, Q., and Wang, J.: Frequent Expression of CD99 in Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma A Clinicopathologic and Immunohistochemical Study of 160 Cases. Am J Clin Pathol 2009, 131(4):574-579.
- Carpenter, P.M., Dao, A.V., Arain, Z.S., Chang, M.K., Nguyen, H.P., Arain, S., Wang-Rodriguez, J., Kwon, S.Y., and Wilczynski, S.P.: Motility Induction in Breast Carcinoma by Mammary Epithelial Laminin 332 (Laminin 5). Mol Cancer Res 2009, 7(4):462-475.
Read the rest of this entry »