On October 22nd from noon to 2 p.m., approximately 160 graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, faculty members, administrative personnel, clinicians, and others participated in the 4th Annual Back to School and Library Open House, hosted by Library Services. Attendance was up over three-fold this year from last year!
The event highlighted resources and services related to: career and professional development; consumer health and wellness; our Archives Program; and information technology. In addition to quality information, food, piñatas, and prizes were provided! In fact, 1 out of 6 people who put their name in drawing won a prize.
Special thanks go to the co-sponsors of this event: Irell & Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences; and Postdoctoral Training Office. These other participating departments, personnel, and COH groups also deserve our gratitude for staffing stations as well as donating prizes and give-aways:
- Information Technology Services: Ian Ballesteros and John Manalili; ITS donated 14 encrypted USB drives for the prize drawing;
- Wellness and Diversity + Inclusion Initiatives: Kenna Cottrill and Chris Martinez;
- Values in Action: Sharon Gonzalez;
- COH International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) Corporate Chapter: Sue Hargrave, Mari C. Uribe-Larios, Amanda Tan, Gloria Moran, and Dawnyetta Reese; IAAP donated two gift baskets for the prize drawings;
- Latascha Johnson, Donor Apheresis Center, supplied handouts that we gave out to each attendee;
- Mary Koenig, Employee Giving, supplied handouts and give-aways that we gave out to each attendee and City of Hope-branded prizes (lots of City of Hope swag), which were turned into what we called the “Ultimate COH Centennial” gift basket.
These are just a few of the images from the event. Want to see more? Visit our Facebook page to relive the experience or see what you missed.