ITS and Library Services have worked together to make the latest version of EndNote, X6, available to the COH community. Here’s what’s new about this collaboration:
- Our license covers all of COH, so users who have had to pay for the application in the past don’t need to anymore;
- ITS can push the upgrade automatically to all computers that have a previous EndNote version installed. If you have a version of EndNote installed, you should receive the new version in the next few weeks;
- Special files and settings are part of the upgrade:
- Find Full Text button will now link to the library’s journal holdings to find and attach PDFs to your references when we subscribe to that journal. When it doesn’t work or can’t locate the PDF or HTML, right-click on the reference and choose the URL -> OpenURL Link option to find it or request it via ILLiad (our online document delivery and interlibrary loan system);
- Online searching options specific to COH, have been added:
- CINAHL with Full-Text (COH)
- City of Hope Graff Library Catalog
Here’s a 4-minute video on the new features available in EndNote X6:
Library Services will continue to help you use EndNote. We plan to schedule EndNote classes and provide them on a regular basis going forward. If you have problems with EndNote or the EndNote plugin for Word, please call the ITS Helpdesk at x6-HELP.
If you don’t already have EndNote and are intrigued by everything you’ve read above, contact the ITS Helpdesk to get it installed and then contact Library Services for help with getting started using EndNote. EndNote is an application that helps you keep track of what you’re reading and writing by importing, direct exporting from your favorite databases, like PubMed. It also interfaces with Word to make the inserting the references into your document and creating a bibliography really easy.
Want to know more about EndNote? Take a look at this video: