Though our FY12 budget is lower than usual, we were fortunate to receive some extra funds near the end of FY11, with which we were able to purchase some electronic journal backfiles and electronic books. Here’s a list of what we purchased:
- Electronic books from the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (ACLAM)
- Electronic books related to chemistry and drug discovery
- Backfiles of Cell Press journals: With this purchase, City of Hope users will have access to complete runs of the following titles back to the first issue: Cell, Chemistry & Biology, Current Biology, Immunity, Neuron, and Structure. The backfiles can be accessed by searching for the journals in our list of online journals and e-books or via the Find@COH button in PubMed and other databases.
- Backfiles of JAMA and AMA Archives journals back to the first issue: JAMA, Archives of Dermatology, Archives of General Psychiatry, Archives of Internal Medicine, Archives of Neurology, Archives of Neurology and General Psychiatry, Archives of Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine, Archives of Ophthalmology, Archives of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, and Archives of Surgery
- Backfiles of journals from Nature Publishing back to the first issue: Nature, Nature Biotechnology, Nature Chemical Biology, Nature Genetics, Nature Medicine, Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, and Nature Reviews Urology
- Backfiles of 49 journals from Wiley back to the first issue
- Backfiles of Web of Science, with articles and citation information for publications back to 1980
We hope these purchases will make access to older literature more convenient and, in some cases, allow us to relocate or discard old print issues, thereby freeing up space for other purposes.